Collards -1 bunch- chopped finely
Onion - 1 medium sized, cubed
Garlic pods - 6-10 pods, minced
Moong dal - half cup, soaked for half an hour
Oil- 2 tbsp
Salt, chilli powder - as needed
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
Time - 20 mins excluding preparation
- Take a nonstick tawa, add oil and heat it.
- After the oil gets hot, fry seasoning stuff, moong dal(pre soaked and drained), onions, garlic pods one after the other. Add sugar.
- Now add collards and fry them until their mass becomes half. Once collards are half way fried, add salt and continue frying for 3-5 minutes on low flame.
- After adding salt, stir fry may turn little wet but don't worry. At this point (5 minutes) add chilli powder, mix and fry for another 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Collards stir fry is ready...