Brussel sprouts- 1/4 kilo
Chana dal- 1/2 a cup
Grated carrot- 3 tbsp
Oil, mustard seeds, Hing - for seasoning
Onions- 1/4 of a medium sized one, chopped
- Cut brussel sprouts lengthwise, wash, keep aside by straining the water.
- Boil chana dal separately until 1 whistle in a pressure cooker/or microwave for 10mins. Drain the water, keep aside.
- Take a pan, add oil, mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add onions, fry them till color turns.
- Add the chana dal (boiled), saute the contents. After chana dal color changes, add the cut brussel sprouts, salt, cook on low-medium flame.
- Once the brussel sprouts become soft, add grated carrot, cook for 3 minutes. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, cook for 2 minutes.
- Brussel sprouts pappu koora is ready..
Incase you need this dish to be soggy:
Cook chana dal until 2 whistels (soft) in a pressure cooker.
Add cooked chana dal after brussel sprouts are half cooked.
Add salt after adding chana dal, rest is the same.