Tofu- 150gm, cut into pieces, dewatered
Red cabbage - 1/2 kg, chopped
Onions -as needed, cut into pieces
Tomato paste - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Coconut powder - 1tsp
Salt, oil, chili powder- as needed
Preparation time - 30 mins
- Coat cut tofu pieces with mixture of tomato paste, sambar powder, coriander powder. Soak them for 10 mins.
- Take a pan, heat oil (1 tbsp), fry tofu along with the paste in the above step. It looks as below:
- Fry tofu till golden brown color keep aside.
- Cook the cut cabbage in microwave for 5 minutes alternatively cook in pressure cooker until 1 whistle.
- Strain the cabbage. Heat oil in a pan, season it, to it, add precooked cabbage. Saute it for 3 minutes.
- Add fried tofu, allow the contents to saute on low flame for 5 minutes. Add salt, chili powder, coconut powder and any other spices of your choice.
- Mouth watering red cabbage curry is ready..