Minapappu/Urad Dal - 1/4 cup
Shanaga pappu/ Chana Dal - 3/4 cup
Maisur pappu /Masoor Dal - 1/8 cup
Kandi pappu/ Toor Dal - 1 cup
Green chillis - few
Salt, Oil - as needed
Preparation time - 1 hr
- Wash four types of dals listed above, and soak in water for 30 mins.
- Grind them into a fine and thick paste by straining the excess soaked water.
- Take a deep pan, add enough oil to fry the garalu. Let that be heated.
- Now take some dough, roll into a ball. Take a plastic sheet, spread some oil.
- take the ball of dough on to the plastic sheet and press using fingers and make it as shown in the picture.
- Now release the pressed gara from plastic sheet into the pan with heated oil.
- Fry them until they are completely cooked inside.
- Pappu Garalu/Vadai is ready..goes very well with Coconut chutney.