Rice - 3.5 cups
Chopped Cilantro - 1. 5 cups
Potatoes - 1 big, cut into cubes
Cloves, Cinnamon stick - 5, 1
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Butter -1 tbsp
Onions - 1/2 of a medium sized one, cut into thin slices
Green Chilles - as needed
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - as needed
Tomato - 1 (optional)
Amchur powder - 1/8 tsp
- Wash rice, keep aside.
- In a vessel, add oil and heat it. To it add Onions, green chillies. Fry them.
- Now add potatoes and fry them. Add cut tomato and cilantro (if not cut tomato use amchur powder). Let the contents be boiled in oil for a while.
- Once the contents are boiled enough, add cloves, cinnamon stick, coriander powder and washed rice. Fry for 2 minutes. Now add 7 cups water, salt and cilantro/coriander leaves (1/4 cup) and close the lid.
- Once the rice is half boiled, add butter and let the contents be cooked.
- Cilantro rice is ready...
Goes well with cauliflower gravy or potato salad or sambar.