Brussel sprouts-1/4 kg or approx. 1/2 lb
Onion-1/2 medium sized; sliced
Besan powder - 1 tsp
Chill powder- as per taste
Kosher salt- very little for use during roasting in oven
Regular salt-as needed
Peanut powder/Garam masala-1 tsp
Oil- as needed
Oregano leaves- few
Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
Preparation time- 30mins
- Peel off the outer layer of brussel sprouts and cut them into halves.
- Spread thin layer of oil all over the surface of brussel sprouts.
- Add little kosher salt, roast them in pre heated oven (400F) for 20mins. During 20 mins of roasting, make sure they dont get burnt. They must look like this (shown below) after roasting..
- In a nonstick pan, add 1 spoon of oil, fry onions, few dry oregano leaves.
- Once onions are done, add roasted brussel sprouts, fry all contents for 3 mins. Add lemon juice, salt.
- Mix besan, peanut powder and chilli powder together, add it to fried contents in the pan.
- Fry for 2 mins. Delicious brussel sprouts snack/ fry is ready to eat!
Note: Chilli/Sri racha sauce can be used instead of powder..but makes it more spicy-good to use with rice.