Ravva/Semolina - 4 cups, fried till golden color
Sugar - 4 cups
Water - 8 cups
Ghee/Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
Cashews, almonds and raisins - few
- Heat water until boil. Meanwhile fry almonds, cashews, raisins in butter and keep aside.
- Add fried ravva, cook for 5 mins.
- Now add sugar, fried nuts and raisins. After adding sugar, ravva gets watery due to melting of sugar.
- Allow it cook until the mix gets cooked. You can notice the ravva is non sticky..confirming that it's done.
- Immediately empty the kesari onto a plate coated with ghee.
- Take an Aluminium foil, spread on top of kesari, press the foil on kesari well so that it gets distributed on the plate without any lumps.
- Remove the foil cover, let it sit for 15 mins. Now you can cut it into pieces as shown in the picture above.