Chana dal - 4 cups
Sugar - 4 cups
Oil - To fry
Maida/All purpose flour - 1 cup (max)
- Wash chana dal, pressure cook them until 1 whistle.
- Strain the water and let the chana dal sit for a while.
- Now mix sugar and cooked chana dal, grind to a coarse paste.
- After grinding if the paste gets watery..take the ground paste in a nonstick vessel and cook the mix until it gets thick enough to roll into balls.
- Mix the maida flour to the consistency level of bahjji.
- Dip the balls in the maida flour and fry them on medium flame.
- Tempting Poornam booralu are ready...!