Cauliflower florets; Broccoli florets; Potatoes sliced in cubes; Capsicum cut into pieces; Carrots cut in small pieces.
Vegetables altogether - 3 cups
Basmati rice - 2.5 cups
Water - 1.5 cup water/1 cup rice
Soak basmati rice for at least half an hour prior to cooking.
Any biryani masala - 50 gms.
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp.
Chilli powder -as needed.
Cashews- 1/2 cup (use half with vegetables to marinate),1/2 cup - fried (to decorate)
Raisins- 2 tbsp
Oil: 2 tbsp...varies*
Salt- as needed
yogurt - 1 cup
- Cook rice (Add 1 tbsp oil while cooking), keep it aside.
- Microwave all vegetables for 6mins (vegetables must be half boiled).
- Marinate all vegetables by mixing ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder, cashews and yogurt. Let it stand for 20 mins.
- In a non stick vessel, add 2 tbsp's oil.
- After oil gets hot, add sliced onions, fry until their color turns gold.
- Add marinated vegetables as it is, to it add biryani masala, salt and chilli powder.
- Let the mix boil for about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile fluff cooked rice wit fork and spread in a baking bowl in a layer.
- Spread cooked biryani masala on top of rice layer, use half of raisins to spread on masala.
- Top the masala layer with remaining rice, spread remaining cashews and raisins.
- Bake it for 35 mins in oven at 350F.
- Spicy biryani is ready.
Can add saffron in rice while cooking.