Cumin seeds/ Jeera - 2 tbsp's
Rice - 1 cup
Coriander/Cilantro leaves - 1/4 th of a bunch
Green Chilli's - 2- sliced - vertically- very thin
Salt - as needed
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onions - 1/4 th cup cut into small pieces.
White pepper - 1 tbsp. (can be varied as per taste)
Cashews - few/as needed (optional)
- Cook rice with 1.5 cup water. Pre-soak rice for half an hour prior to cooking.
- Fluff the rice with fork, keep aside.
- In a nonstick frying pan, add oil.
- After oil gets hot, add onions, green chilli's, coriander leaves (half) and fry them.
- During half way of frying, add cumin seeds and cashews. Fry until cumin seeds color turns slightly darker.
- Add fluffed rice, white pepper and salt.
- Mix the contents well and fry for 3-5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy jeera rice is ready..goes well with daal thadka.