Spinach- 200gm, washed, whole leaves
Tomato- 1 medium sized, cut into pieces
Green chillies- 3
Almonds- 4 tsps (peeled, raw)
Coriander powder -1/2 tsp
Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1tsp
Oil- as needed
Tofu - 100gm, cut into cubes
Onion - 1/4 th of a medium sized, cut into pieces
Ginger and garlic paste - 1tbsp
Lemon juice - 1tsp
Preparation Time - 1 hr
Gravy / Paste:
- Grind tomato, almonds, cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice together. Add water during grinding if needed. Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil (1tsp), add cut green chillies, spinach, salt. Allow the spinach to boil. Empty the contents, grind keep aside.
- Fry tofu in the same pan in oil. Once the tofu changes color, take them off the pan, keep aside.
- Take a nonstick pan, heat oil (2 tsp's). Add the gravy paste prepared, boil it until, oil comes out.
- After the paste gets cooked, add spinach paste and fried tofu. Let it boil for 10-15 mins.
- Delicious Spinach tofu is ready...goes very well with roti and plain rice.