Almonds - 1 cup, blanched for 3 mins
Milk - 1 cup, whole milk preferably
Butter - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 1 cup (brown)
Elaichi/Cardamom powder - 1 pinch
- Grind almonds and milk to a paste.
- In a vessel, add butter, let it melt. Now add the ground paste, sugar;
- Boil the contents on a medium flame until it gets thickened as shown below
- Add cardamom powder, mix well. Now spread the almond paste on to pre greased (with butter) plate and let it cool.
- Once the burfi paste gets cooled, cut it into pieces.
- Keep stirring the contents to make sure that the mixture does not burn.