List of ingredients
Wheat rava - 1 cup
Wheat flour - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 pinch
Water - 2 cups (to cook wheat rava)
Butter - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1 pinch
Preparation time - 45 mins
- In a mixing bowl, mix wheat flour, water, salt. Mix the dough to the consistency level of chapathi/roti flour. Let it rest.
- In a nonstick pan, take wheat rava, fry until the color changes. Now add 2 cups of water to it, cover the pan to allow boiling.
- Add sugar to the rava when it is almost boiled. At this point, the rava gets water due to sugar. Now add 1 tbsp of butter, cardamom powder. Cook rava on medium flame until it gets hard enough to roll into a ball.
- Make round balls with rava and keep them aside.
- Now take some wheat flour, roll it into a disk. Place the sweet rava ball in the disk, and cover it with the edges of the disk (same as parantha). Roll it again to a thin disk.
- Take a tawa, coat it with butter spray. Once it gets hot, place the sweet roti disk and cook it like a chapathi by flipping and spraying butter on both sides as needed.
- Delicious sweet roti is ready...
- Semolina can be used for stuffing inside instead of wheat rava.
- Wheat flour can be replaced by all purpose/maida flour.
- Instead of cooking it as a roti, the disk can also be fried as a poori.