Potatoes - 4 big sized (1/2 kg)
Tomato - 1 medium sized
Cashews/poppy seeds - 2 tbsp
Onions -1/4 cup chopped
Oil, Salt - as needed
Preparation time - 30 mins
- Boil peeled potatoes until they are half done.
- Grind tomato, cashews, onions, garam masala powder into thick paste.
- Take a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and heat it.
- Add ground paste to the oil, fry it until oil oozes out.
- Meanwhile cut the boiled potatoes into cubes. Add the potato cubes into the pan. Mash few potato pieces. Add salt.
- Pour a glass of water and allow the contents to boil and get to a thick paste consistency.
- Add chilli powder, cook for 3-5 mins...aloo kurma is ready..!!
Goes well with vegetable rice, roti.