Basmati Rice - 4 cups (uncooked)
Mixed vegetables - 1.5 cups
Green Chilis - 4, cut lengthwise
Oil, Salt -as needed
Dhaniya/Coriander powder - tbsp
Cloves, cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp or as required
Onions - thinly sliced
Potatoes - cut into cubes
Preparation time - 1 hr
- Wash, soak rice aside for half an hour.
- Take a vessel, add 2tbsp of oil and heat it.
- Add onions, green chillies fry them. When they are half done, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder.
- Once the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes, add mixed vegetables, cut potatoes, little salt and cover the lid to stir fry the contents.
- Once the vegetables are cooked halfway, add coriander powder and cloves, cinnamon powder.
- Add rice without water and fry all the contents.
- Now add 8 cups water, coriander leaves, salt to bring in the right taste.
- Allow the rice to cook...vegetable rice is ready...!!
Can add a tbsp of ghee while the rice is boiling.
Goes well with Alu kurma and raita.