Moong dal(green) - 1.75 cups
Rice - 1/4th cup
Salt, Oil- as needed
- Wash moong dal and rice. Soak them for 3-4 hours.
- Grind them to a consistency equal to dosa batter.
- Add salt..mix well. Now batter is ready for pesarattu.
- Take a nonstick tawa.. heat it.
- Spill water to see if the tawa is hot enough (water evaporates once it is hot).
- Now take some batter and spoon it out and swirl around on the pan into a round and thin disc.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil or add oil around the periphery of the pesarattu.
- Allow it to cook and turn around, let that side be slightly cooked.
- Pesarattu is ready...
Goes well with Ginger chutney.
Pesarattu-upma is another combination popular in andhra..which can be combined with peanut chutney and sambar.