Rice - 1/2 cup.
Pudina/Mint leaves-1/2 cup
Mint/ Pudina powder - 1 table spoon
Cumin powder - 1 tea spoon
Sugar - 1 tea spoon
Lemon juice - 1 table spoon
White pepper - 1 tea spoon (as per taste)
Salt - as per taste
Green chillies - 1, sliced
Onions - 1/4 th of medium sized, cut to small pieces
Oil-1.5 table spoon
Methi powder/Fenu greek powder - 2 pinches
Cinnamon powder -1/2 tea spoon
Garam masala - 1/2 tea spoon (optional)
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes (excluding rice cooking)
- Cook rice, fluff it, keep aside.
- In a nonstick pan, add oil,after it gets hot add onions, chillies.
- Add cinnamon powder, methi powder and sugar fry all the contents for 5mins.
- Add mint leaves and later mint powder, fry them moderately.
- Add lemon juice and later add rice.
- Now add white pepper, garam masala and salt as needed.
- Mix the contents well and fry on low-medium flame for 5 mins.
- Delicious pudina fried rice is ready!..
- Add cashews/ almonds if needed.
- 1 tbsp of fresh grated coconut can be added to reduce the strong flavor of mint leaves.
- Can replace mint powder with leaves as a whole, vice-versa.