Tomatoes - 5 medium sized, cut into pieces
Red Chillies - For seasoning
Green Chillies - 2
Tamarind - 1 small lemon size (varies by taste)
Oil, Salt, Seasoning stuff - as required
Roasted Peanuts - 1/4 cup (Optional)
Fenugreek powder - 2 pinches
Preparation time - 30 mins
- Take a pan, add 2 tsp of oil, allow it to heat.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder tamarind. Let them boil until tomatoes turn soft.
- Grind the contents in a mixie, by adding peanuts (optional), garlic pods and salt.
- Temper the ground chutney with mustard, red chillies..etc.
- Delicious tomato chutney is ready!!
Can add coriander leaves if needed.
Can use cashews instead of peanuts.
Goes well with plain rice, ghee and Idli/Dosa.